Windermere Elementary School PTO is Windermere Elementary School‘s Parent Teacher Organization. We strive to support and advocate for our children by partnering with staff, families, and the wider community to create a safe and healthy learning environment where students can excel and feel confident in themselves.
You can join the Windermere Elementary School PTO right now using our online store! Our annual dues are $10, or just $5 for current Windermere Elementary School staff.
WES PTO Membership
$5.00 – $10.00
When you join Windermere Elementary School PTO you join a community that encourages student achievement and enriches their learning environment. We believe in building partnerships between our families and our school. We believe that together we can help our children be successful. Please show your support and get involved with the PTO!
Please note that PTO memberships are individual memberships. If you purchase more than one membership please remember to include names for each one. If you would like to contribute more than our membership fee you can make an additional online donation after adding a PTO membership to your cart.
Parents, grandparents, teachers, staff, family, and friends are all welcome to join the PTO! With your annual membership you receive voting privileges and become eligible to serve on our executive board or as a standing committee chair.
Windermere Elementary School PTO memberships are:
- Annual. They are good until the end of the fiscal year (June 30) in which they were purchased.
- Individual. Because each membership conveys a vote each is held by a single member. There are no family memberships. If you purchase more than one membership please remember to include full names for each one for our voting roster.
- Appreciated! Your participation is what makes everything the PTO does possible.
While in the past we have occasionally had a dizzying complexity of different membership levels we’ve settled on this current simple system to encourage as many parents as possible to join. We still rely on your generous contributions and hope to see them at our main fundraising events like the Mustang Stampede! You can also always make additional donations online at any time.
Standard Membership, Teacher or Staff Membership
You may also like…
Why join the Windermere Elementary School PTO? The number one reason to join your school’s Parent Teacher Organization is to benefit your child. You will also be helping the entire school. But there are many more benefits:
- Get connected! There’s no better way to keep in touch with what’s happening right here at WES. Visit us often at windermerepto.org or our other social media outlets.
- Discover great resources! The PTO offers a wide variety of programs designed for parents as well as students. Consider volunteering in the Media Center proctoring our students for the Accelerated Reader program or sign up for Arty Facts and visit your child’s classroom to teach about the great artists of the world.
- Tap into a network! PTO functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport, and discuss issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences. Plan on joining us for our General Meetings.
- Watch yourself grow. By volunteering with the PTO you put your skills and hobbies to use for a great cause — your child and all children in the community. Help lead our Guardian Angels program to help those in need or assist with our Book Fair to encourage students to develop a lifelong love of reading.
- Speak up. The PTO can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at our school.
- Witness improvement. By getting involved at your school you’ll be part of the solution and help make positive changes. Our PTO’s Mustang Stampede helps to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a role model! By becoming a PTO member you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education. Students with involved parents are more likely to attend school regularly, pass their classes, earn higher test scores and grades, have better social skills and exhibit improved behavior, enroll in higher-level programs, and eventually go on to a post-secondary education.
The main objective of the PTO is to establish a partnership between parents, teachers and the community with the goal of helping students obtain a top-quality education. Windermere Elementary School PTO provides information and resources to strengthen these relationships. We also sponsor numerous family events and educational programs and school programs. All parents, teachers, staff, and adults in our community and family are invited to become members! By becoming a PTO member your support will help us continue all of our important programs.
Your PTO is Hard at Work…
Every year Windermere Elementary School PTO provides many different resources, programs, and special events to benefit the students and staff at Windermere Elementary School. Our calendar is filled with activities for all grade levels. Please take a moment to review the information we’ve provided for you on this web site.
Remember, we are always in need of parents with enthusiasm and willingness to give. Please consider volunteering your time and talents to the PTO!
You can find the most recent information about what we’re working on in our news posts.
Coming in 2019-2020
- With over $75,000 of investment we’ve funded a comprehensive renovation of the Media Center, the hub of Windermere Elementary School, to greatly improve its function as a multi-use space. This will be the single largest capital improvement we’ve ever undertaken and we think you will be amazed by the results!
- We are evaluating maintenance and improvements to the school’s playgrounds.
- We are continuing to investigate further potential landscaping improvements to enhance the school’s appearance and create a more welcoming environment for the students. The strip of ground behind the car rider benches is high on our list.
- Investment in our well-received Learning Garden program continues. We will be working hard to enhance and expand the garden and further utilize it to enrich classroom activities. We want to add signage, fruit trees, and more tools to help with maintaining the garden!
- So many of our most popular programs require a substantial amount of volunteer work every year in order to come together — from the organizational, design, and decorating work involved with the Mustang Daughters Dance to the classroom participation of our Arty Facts volunteers. These activities and events may now seem like a normal part of the WES experience but they only happen because of the constant effort of PTO volunteers.
Past Major Accomplishments
- 2018-19: We installed filtered water bottle filling stations to all of the school’s drinking fountains. The drinking fountains are now filtered as well.
- 2018-19: We installed PE pavilion fans to improve student comfort.
- 2017-18: We opened the Makerspace in the Media Center.
- 2017-18: We completed the initial development phase of the Learning Garden.
- 2016-17: We added soundproofing to the cafeteria to make its noise levels more manageable.
The Windermere Elementary School PTO executive board has seven elected officers. It works in close collaboration with Windermere Elementary School’s Principal and is assisted by the chairs of its standing committees.
The executive committee consists of all of the elected officers of the Windermere Elementary School PTO as specified by its bylaws.
- President: Leigh Andrus ([email protected])
- Vice President: Maile Aiowhi ([email protected])
- Membership Director: Anna Johnson ([email protected])
- Improvements Director: Colleen Williams ([email protected])
- Principal Liaison: Krista Kirk ([email protected])
- Secretary: Michaal Rossi ([email protected])
- Treasurer: Kevin Maxson ([email protected])
Windermere Elementary School Principal
- Diana Greer ([email protected])
Standing Committee Chairs
Standing committees are created by the executive board as necessary to carry on the work of the PTO. Their responsibilities are specified in the PTO’s standing rules.
- Chair, Arts Committee: OPEN ([email protected])
- Chair, Literacy Committee: OPEN ([email protected])
- Chair, Science Committee: Amy Shova([email protected])
- Chair, School Operations Committee: Christie Blevins ([email protected])
- Chair, Social Committee: OPEN ([email protected])
- Chair, Parent Services Committee: OPEN ([email protected])
- Chair, Outreach Committee: Leigh Adrus ([email protected])
- Chair, Fundraising Committee: OPEN ([email protected])
Most of our PTO programs are overseen by one of these committee chairs working with the executive board. Is there a position you’d like to help out with? Join the PTO or look at our list of open PTO positions.
NSF Check Policy
When we attempt to deposit a check that is rejected due to non-sufficient funds we incur a $12 charge from our bank — in addition to not receiving whatever amount the check was written for. We kindly request that the fee be covered by the check writer so it does not have to impact our general fund.
Stop Payment Policy
If you receive a check from us and misplace it before deposit we must issue a stop payment at a cost of $35 before writing a new check. We reserve the right to deduct this bank fee from a reissued check at our discretion. If the original check was for less than a stop payment cost we may not reissue the check. Please be understanding; we try very hard to husband the funds we raise for the benefit of Windermere Elementary. It is always a good idea to deposit reimbursement checks as soon as possible after you receive them!
Since 2016-17 school year our newsletter has gone digital and mobile-friendly. We have combined our messaging with the school and our information goes out biweekly rather than monthly. The digital newsletter also supports ads, attachments, and web links. You will be able to opt-in to these newsletters at Meet the Teacher. You can also text WINDERMEREES to 22828 or can sign up for the newsletter using the button below.
To help off-set the cost of the new digital newsletter we are always seeking sponsors. Sponsorships and advertising opportunities start at $50 and are completely customizable. If you have a business that would like to learn more about advertising in the newsletter please contact our sponsorship committee.