Your PTO is Hard at Work…
Every year Windermere Elementary School PTO provides many different resources, programs, and special events to benefit the students and staff at Windermere Elementary School. Our calendar is filled with activities for all grade levels. Please take a moment to review the information we’ve provided for you on this web site.
Remember, we are always in need of parents with enthusiasm and willingness to give. Please consider volunteering your time and talents to the PTO!
You can find the most recent information about what we’re working on in our news posts.
Coming in 2020-2021
- We are evaluating further improvements to the school’s playgrounds.
- We are continuing to investigate further potential landscaping improvements to enhance the school’s appearance and create a more welcoming environment for the students. The strip of ground behind the car rider benches is high on our list.
- Investment in our well-received Learning Garden program continues. We will be working hard to enhance and expand the garden and further utilize it to enrich classroom activities. We want to add signage, fruit trees, and more tools to help with maintaining the garden!
- So many of our most popular programs require a substantial amount of volunteer work every year in order to come together — from the organizational, design, and decorating work involved with the Mustang Daughters Dance to the classroom participation of our Arty Facts volunteers. These activities and events may now seem like a normal part of the WES experience but they only happen because of the constant effort of PTO volunteers.
Past Major Accomplishments
- 2019-20: We comprehensively renovated the Media Center to greatly improve its function as a multi-use space. This was the single largest capital improvement we’ve ever undertaken at over $75,000 of investment in WES!
- 2019-20: We helped renovate the playground with new flooring material.
- 2018-19: We installed filtered water bottle filling stations to all of the school’s drinking fountains. The drinking fountains are now filtered as well.
- 2018-19: We installed PE pavilion fans to improve student comfort.
- 2017-18: We opened the Makerspace in the Media Center.
- 2017-18: We completed the initial development phase of the Learning Garden.
- 2016-17: We added soundproofing to the cafeteria to make its noise levels more manageable.